Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Unintended pun about vacation

Recently I attended the group class for English learners

It was a conversational class where we had casual discussion regarding Traveling

When my turn arrived, I said that I am not a traveler at all, but in Russia we have a tradition: we try to visit sea with children each summer.

My group kept silence for awhile, and then someone asked me:
-  Sea, are you sure?

I was surprised by the question,  but answered:

- Yep, I am sure

And got a new question:

- Is it safe for children?

I answered:

- Yes, if you look after them, it is safe!

The topic was changed, but I was thinking some time about these strange questions.

After I got a message in the text chat:

- Syria?

And the riddle was solved.

In a way I pronounced "sea" close to "Syria".


A good reason to pay more attention to my pronunciation!





No comments :

Post a Comment