Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Scandinavian (or nordic) walking

Not a long time ago, I got a gift: it was a sticks for Scandinavian walking.

This activity is extreme popular nowadays in my place.

You can see group of people with these sticks everywhere.

The main idea is include the top of your body into movement, and decrease the pressure on backbone and knees.

I have no idea does it work or not, but it's good to have some additional motivation to stand up and have a walk.

It's also good to have two more supporting points when it is slippery outside, or you have a precious load on your neck.

Thus I got involved to this (sport?) activity. But because I am young and strong I wanted to make task harder, and got a passenger with me.

We bought a special device - a saddle, with straps which fix my passenger tight.
You can see a part of it on the photo above - these red straps with lockers.

And now it's a good time to spend together.

I can move in my own place, and have a company in the same time.

We talks all the time, and discover different routes.

And our walking is becoming longer and longer. It is  almost ten kilometers recently.

Currently I am not interested make it longer nor in terms of distance neither of time, but I want to make it more fun.

I think next time we will have a map (pirate's map) with a route to hidden stash and we will try to reveal the stash.

Since I have co-driver, it will be his work.

Any other ideas?

No comments :

Post a Comment