Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Immortal regiment


Traditionally on May 9 we celebrate Victory Day, it's a day when in 1945 the ww2 was finished for Soviet Union.
There are many different events related to this date: military parade, sport competitions, gigs, fireworks and many others. 

I want to show you only one part of it.
Because of many years passed since 1945, we almost don't have veterans alive. Only few of them still able to visit such events, and they have special places on the tribune at parade. 
We appreciate what those people did for us,  we remember that.
And that's why we carry their photos on this parade.
It mean: they died, but they are still with us. 


It's a good educational event too. I took my boys with me, and we walked with photos of my grandparents, and, of course, I had to answer to thousand questions about all related things. 
Officials said that more than 5000 people participated in that, but I think they count only registered participants.


We call that event "Immortal regiment", and I'm not sure in translation here.
The idea is: those people are immortal because we will remember about them.

No comments :

Post a Comment