Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Cooking workshop

A few weeks ago I visited a fun event — cooking workshop.
The idea of it is simple and pretty clever.
It's almost the same as go to the restaurant, but before your dinner, you work on the kitchen with a chef cooking for yourself.
There are several restrictions for it.
You can't choose all the dishes which you will cook. You only can choose "theme" or "topic" beforehand, and the chef will prepare menu for you and instructions.
This time we've chosen the topic "Indian dinner".
My reason was pretty simple, I always like to learn something new, and I knew nothing about Indian cuisines at all.
The restaurant provide you all the ingredients, tools, the chef with his assistants, and a separate room for that.
It is not mandatory to work on the kitchen, you can just watch, or ask, or like that, but I prefer to do everything by myself because I think it's the best way to learn.


Our chef was an experienced guy who lived in India for awhile, so I think, we can pretend that it's kind of authentically. 
I am strongly believe in experience and practice as the most valuable things; you can get the receipts in the Internet, but it will not give you a real knowledge.
All the things are always about small details which is obvious for masters and spoil the student's work.
To see these details I like to have a coach. 


I like the result what we have at the end, but I should admit it has kind of unusual taste for Russians.
We don't have too many Indian restaurants here, the closest one is 50 km far away from my place, but we visited it a few times just for comparison. And I would say that I still have many things to work on.

No comments :

Post a Comment