Friday, October 21, 2016

The simple rope bridge

During our hiking we (my son and I) had to cross the river.

The river is not big, it's possible to swim it over, but it almost winter, and it's uncomfortable to swim now because of temperature.

That's why we had to use some kind of bridges.

Map told us, that we have only one reasonable option: using a rope bridge. All other alternatives, were too far from our route.

That rope bridge is too simple. It's not even a bridge. It's just two ropes, one about 1.5 meter above another, that's all.

I decided, it's a good entertaining moment for our hiking.
We bring special equipment with us for safety. We used belts with small leashes with carabiners.



Two leashes for my son,the first one to buckle him to the rope, the second one to attach him to me.
And two for me, I had to change ropes during the way, but I didn't want a moment when I wasn't attached to something. 



That safety leashes were extremely useful for us.
Because the distance between ropes is long, my son couldn't hold on the upper one, and he had to act like an acrobat in a circus.
That's why he fell sometimes.
But he liked the process, after he assured that falling is safe, and he can sit and swing while I pull him forward, he played with that a lot.

Now, after we finished our hiking, he asks me to build such rope bridge somewhere for playing.



No comments :

Post a Comment