Thursday, December 29, 2016

LEWWWP and Holly

The LEWWWP will be closed in few days.

I trust Holly has some strong reasons for that, so nothing to do.

I have a lot of feelings about that, but I’m going to leave them in 2016, and start a new life in 2017. Traditionally it’s what those “New Years” are serving for.

I was a member of that awesome community for more than a year, and I want to share some my thoughts, not about LEWWWP as community though (I believe we will continue) but about Holly.

She was a soul of the LEWWWP for eternity, and for me personally she is the face of the LEWWWP.

I believe Holly taught me enormous amount of things and many of them without even my awareness.
I’m going to share only a few most remarkable of them.

First of all it’s confidence. When I came to LEWWWP I was confident enough to write a few sentences in English, but wasn’t ready to say them aloud, for the audience, for recording, for being published publicly.  But all of that comes to me fast and naturally because of way how she encouraged me.

I can’t but mention her persistence with fighting for  my pronunciation. My helpless tries with “courage” will be our private joke forever.  Her “transcription” classes were my the best hour of the week.

Almost every day I was astonished by her attentiveness to details, one has only to mention or show some challenges and in most cases Holly will help with that immediately or later.

She has given me so many positive feedbacks with many improvements to my writing that I must count her as co-author of my blog.

As an IT guy I used to expect from users simple questions about IT, but it doesn’t work with such a tech-savvy person as Holly is. If she asked you something about IT, you should be prepared that she’s already known about the subject all what you can google about it.
It’s a challenge to be on par with her.

I know for sure we meet her again and again on other sites and in different circumstances, and it will be our “new page”.

No comments :

Post a Comment