Thursday, December 8, 2016

Sledding


Skiing is not the only winter entertainment. Sledding is not bad either.

I like the variant of sledding when the sled is pulled by dogs.
Dog sledding is sometimes called "mushing", and a person who travels by dog sled is called a "musher".

Because my dog is small, I made my own sled.
I made it from titanium, it's a very lightweight metal.
And because of titanium, the whole construction weighs about 3 kg.

I polished the runners, and I coated them with varnish, so now they can slide easily.
I have a few sets of runners also: for hard snow with ice crust, for fluffy snow, and for something in between. They differ in the width and in construction.

All members of my family like this sled, excluding maybe the dog only.

When we need spring water, we take a canister in the baggage rack and we are ready for a small trip.
The well is close enough, something like 1 km from our house.
A good reason to walk, a good exercise for the dog.



No comments :

Post a Comment